A couple of you asked for some squat tips from the bf and he obliged my request. Before we get into this, we are not trained professionals, so don’t get all butt hurt (literally, or figuratively) if you do something wrong and try to blame me for giving the info. We are all still friends right? After much research and consultation with people we know that know someone else that has, at some point, trained someone in the art of squatation with weights, the following advice was derived to be used as a beginner.
1. Remember: Butt out, chest up.
2. Place feet shoulder width apart resting bar on your shoulders.
3. Keep toes at a comfortable outward position.
4. Keep chest up and hips back in the downward motion as if sitting in a small chair.
5. Stop movement when hips are slightly lower than your knees.
6. Apply pressure with the heels of your feet. Don’t simply stand but push as if trying to force your heels through the floor.
The best thing that I learned when my bf was helping me is that when you are in the above position and you are pushing yourself up, pretend that you are trying to push your feet through the floor rather than trying to simply stand up (as mentioned). This method helped me squat more powerfully (if that makes sense.)
I enjoy weight training as a form of working out more so than cardio. I still do cardio because I don’t want to lose it but many people with degrees and stuff say that weight training helps change the shape of your body while losing fat. If I stay consistent enough I can give you some proof. So far this week I have worked out Monday and Tuesday. I may have to sculpt my guns at the office today because I don’t know if I’ll have time to later. Name that quote!!
I’m also considering doing my first GIVEAWAY. Comment if you would love to participate in a giveaway that doesn’t require 89 different steps in order to enter!!